Novi Pazar

Novi Pazar

Isa Beg founded town of Novi Pazar in 1460. or in Turkish Jeni Bazar as important stop point on trading route leading from Thessaloniki and Skopje to Dubrovnik. Novi Pazar managed to preserve oriental appearance even until today.

Little fortress above town features Motrilja (Reconnaissance)Tower, symbol of Novi Pazar while Altem Alum Mosque is considered the most beautiful peace of oriental architecture in Novi Pazar.