Congregational Church Belgrade

Congregational Church Belgrade

Congregational Church in Belgrade was built in 1840 on the site of much older church that has gathered Serbian population living in Belgrade ever since Turkish occupation started in 1521. This very crossroads has always been the center of Varos Kapija district that was traditionally inhabited by Serbs and therefore considered as Belgrade’s Serbian quarter. Prince Milos made it administrative headquarters of Serbian state that was beginning to emerge for the first time since medieval century.